Tuesday 19 February 2013

To Catch a Shooting Star - A Poem



shooting stars



A star blazes across the clear sky,

Trailing a long tail that  gathers those

That follow its wake for fame and clout!


 Few are they that can match its speedy

Exit, and fall into a void ne'er seen again!

Rare are those who match its swift progress!


 I watch the shooting star blaze across,

And see those that try to catch it so. Futile

 Attempts to catch  one that won't be caught!


But who'd match the progress of

A shooting star? It crosses the firmament in

The blink of an eye, so swift so so fast!


A shooting star, sure would I catch if

I had a net so large but, I'd prefer to paint few

In words  so rare and rich that'd bring out their glory!


So, while others attempt to catch a shooting star,

I sit me down to paint  in words one

That would be mine, to play and share!




No comments:

Post a Comment